Artist Bio: Bob Harris (My Dad)

Oil Painting by My Dad  (on the left) With His Two Brothers. Ed and John
As a youngster, I always liked drawing. If I could get my hands on a scribbler or pad of paper, I was drawingpicturesof rocks, lakes and trees. Spending a lotof time with Dad in the bush. hunting, fishing and trapping. I grew up in awe of our surroundings. Over the years, because of where we grew up in and around Dorion, Ontario, we experienced a lot of epic scenery. Years later, after I retired home from working with Bell Canada. With a hammer, a saw and some wood on hand, I built  myself a standing floor easel! With many many more photos of those memorable scenes, I started oil painting. 

As the decades passed our walls, slowly filled with painting after painting. Each one becoming a window to each memory of childhood and beyond. Eventually as the walls filled, our closet did as well. With storage spaces limited, I was glad when my oldest daughter, Anita said she would help me do something with them. So we came up with this blank Note Card endeavour. 
Dad - Bob Harris- Artist
About 90% of my work was inspired by photos  taken from my photo collection. I hope that you enjoy the images as much as I did painting them. Thanks for stopping by.

More Ways To Connect With  My Dad's Art On 

TWITTER

INSTAGRAM

BLOG

YOUTUBE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing My Dad And His Art!

Collection One: Well Seasoned: Go Leafs Go